Tamworth Gardens Retirement Estate is seeking to employ a Permanent Part-Time Care Attendant to support their vibrant and growing community. The Estate is owned by Gannon Lifestyle Communities; a long-term retirement estate operator with a strong family philosophy and hands-on approach.
About the Estate
Tamworth Gardens Retirement Estate is a gated vibrant community of retirees over the age of 55.
The Estate offers residents the choice of enjoying lifestyles in either Independent Living Units or Assisted Living Apartments. Currently there are 30 Assisted Living Apartments and 131 Independent Living Units with a total of 225 residents. When complete the Estate will have 200+ Independent Living Units and 30 Assisted Living Apartments and a resident community exceeding 300+ people with a team of 15+ staff.
About the role
The Care Attendant will be required to work as part of a team in the provision of quality care services to residents within the estate, including emergency call-outs and act in a professional efficient manner whilst demonstrating an empathetic attitude to the needs of residents. The Care Attendant will ensure residents’ safety, security, dignity, privacy and well-being at all times, and actively contribute to the promotion of best practice in workplace health and safety and continuous quality improvement.
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Food service / functions
- Personal care services
- Emergency on call service
- Medication prompting
- Assisting residents
- Relevant experience
- Trustworthy, pleasant and outgoing demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to work alone
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work within workplace hea,mth and safety and a continuous improvement environment
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritise
Qualifications and licences
- Satisfactory National Police Certificate
- Certificate III in Personal Support (Aged Care)
- First Aid Certificate
Hours of Work
- This is a permanent part-time position
- Minimum 20 hours per week rostered to work over seven days
- Afternoon, night shift and weekend work
- Passive sleepover two nights per week
A copy of the position description can be downloaded from HERE
Applications to be submitted via Seek only by clicking on ‘Apply for this job’ button.